SSC 2021 latest updates for SSC jobs and recruitment along with SSC Exam, syllabus and admit updates online. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an organization under Government of India to recruit staff for various posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. The Staff Selection Commission conducts exams for recruiting candidates in different government organizations. Located in New Delhi, SSC works under the Indian Government and has seven regional offices in cities like Kolkata, Mumbai, Prayagraj, Guwahati, Bangalore, Chennai, and New Delhi. SSC Exam is a national level examination for recruitment to different posts in categories like Group B and Group C.
Government Jobs through SSC
People aspire to join these jobs as they provide job security that is not found in employment in private sectors. Moreover, the additional benefits that an individual can get by securing a Government job are unparalleled. Hence, many candidates sit for SSC exams every year to fulfill their dreams of getting selected for a Government job.
Popular Vacancies throughout the year
Some of the positions that are filled up with the help of this examination include
• Assistant (perform the different clerical jobs in various departments)
• Inspector of Income Tax (analyzes the income tax that individuals or companies have to pay)
• Assistant Accounts Officer (data entry, records transactions, assists in fact-checking and auditing)
• Assistant Audit Officer (assists in audits in private and public organizations)
• Inspector (checks for illegally manufacturing and transporting opium)
• Sub-Inspector (gathers different information and conducts investigations)
• Assistant Enforcement Officer (prevents laundering of money and forgery)
• Junior Statistical Officer (assists the Statistical Officer to make documents, enter data and aids in tabulation)
• Auditor (keeps tab of audit details of different state departments)
• Tax Assistant (accessing, modifying and verifying taxes of business or individuals)
• Upper Division Clerks (maintenance of files, accounts and financial documents)
• Senior Secretariat Assistant (for this clerical post, one has to do data entry and maintain the different records).
SSC Exam Eligibility Criteria
It is essential to know about the eligibility criteria of the examinations before you appear for SSC. In that way, you will be avoiding many problems that you can otherwise face without having proper knowledge about the examinations.
The SSC examination is conducted in four different stages, namely Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV. Candidates who wish to apply to any of the examinations need to fulfill the criterion set by the Staff Selection Commission. If these criteria are not fulfilled, you will not be able to appear for the examination.
The age limit for the different posts for the Staff Selection Commission is 18 to 32 years. The minimum age at which you can apply for the positions if 18 years, while the maximum is 32 years. There are some relaxations for reserved candidates applying for this examination.
• The candidate must be a citizen of India, Bhutan, or Nepal.
• For those Tibetan refugees who have settled in India before 1st January 1962, they can also apply for the different exams held by SSC.
• If you are an Indian citizen by the origin and have migrated from countries like Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Vietnam, and others with the sole aim to live permanently in India can also for the various posts.
For getting a Government job with the help of SSC exams, you need to fulfill the required educational qualifications.
• For appearing for the examination, a person must have completed his/her graduation from a recognized institution or University.
While this is the essential requirement for applying to most posts, there are a few additional qualifications one needs to apply to other positions.
• If you want to apply for the post of Statistical Investigator-Grade B, you need to have completed your graduation with 60 percent marks in Mathematics at the class 12 level. Or you must have Statistics as a subject at the graduation level.
• For the Compiler post, you need to have completed your Bachelor’s with Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics as an elective or as a compulsory subject.
• For the post of Assistant Section Officer, one must be a graduate and also must qualify in the Computer Proficiency Test.
• If you want to apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer, you need to have completed your Bachelors or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Commerce or have completed CA/ MBA/ CS.
Hence, it becomes essential for an individual to crosscheck the examinations’ eligibility criteria before they think of applying.
It must also be highlighted that a candidate can apply for more than one post in the examination provided the person fulfills the eligibility criteria.
Physical fitness is applicable for all those candidates who will be applying for posts like Inspector or Sub-Inspector posts in Preventive or Excise Departments.
If you want to get selected in these posts, make sure you fulfill all the posts’ requirements.
Male candidates- 157.5 cm
Women candidates- 152 cm
Male candidates- 81 cm (full expansion)
Women candidates- Not applicable
Male candidates- 1600 meters walking in 15 minutes and cycling 8 km in 30 minutes
Women candidates- 1 km walking in 20 minutes and 3 km in 25 minutes
There are few exemptions in the examination for candidates who are orthopedically disabled. For these candidates, the physical tests are not allowed.
After passing the SSC examination, a government job ensures that you will get a good salary with different other benefits. The salary is given to the employees as per the rules of the 7th Pay Commission.